Ghana Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOCCER UPDATE

Go down

SOCCER UPDATE Empty SOCCER UPDATE

Post by The Boss 2014-08-31, 8:49 pm

Alaba signs new Bayern deal. The Austria international has signed a new contract

The Austria international has signed a new contract that expires in 2018 and is happy to have committed his future to the Bavarian giants
Bayern Munich have announced that David Alaba has extended his contract at the club until the summer of 2018.

The 21-year-old moved to the Allianz Arena as a teenager from Austria Vienna back in 2008 and has sealed his place in the Bavarians' first-team at left-back over the last two years.

However, his preference for a midfield role has led to some speculation that he might leave, but the Austria international has now committed his future to the club.

"I am very, very happy," he told the club's official website. "I have been at Bayern since 2008, they have become my club. I am lucky that everything is now fixed and that I can play for this club until at least 2018."

Bayern CEO Karl Heinz-Rummenigge added: "These were pleasant talks. We are very happy that they have led to this nice ending for both sides.

"He has developed wonderfully on the pitch. The coach is very happy, we are very satisfied. David has made a great contribution to what we have achieved this year.

"David came to us at 16 and has developed a lot. He is one of Europe's best and most successful full-backs already. We are happy we can count on him and his performances further.

Sporting director Matthias Sammer, meanwhile, is looking forward to seeing Alaba develop further as a player over the coming years.

He added: "At 21 years of age, he's not yet mature. This signal from David is very important for going on with us."

The Vienna-born star's previous deal was set to expire in 2015.
The Boss
The Boss
Admin
Admin

https://ghana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum